Sunday, January 8, 2012

Glass Pendant Sun Catchers.

I love glass pendants. I always pass them when shopping for arts & crafts supplies and I always have to fight the urge to buy them. I usually resist the urge, since I just don’t normally wear pendant necklaces. However, after finding this guy:


I had no choice but the purchase some. I had no idea what to do with them, until I found some hooked suction cups on sale.


To make these I used: two pairs of pliers, split rings, miniature suction cup hooks, glass pendants

Since I have never even tried making jewelry before (aside from stringing some seashells), I had no idea what I was doing. I ended up buying split rings to attach to my glass pendants. Little did I know that my usual set of pliers would be essentially useless with split rings.

I tried my best to open them up by using two pliers in each hand. I would use my right hand to open the ring up on one end, turn the ring around by switching the pliers around, and use my right hand to open the other end up. It was an extremely awkward process and I essentially stripped all the silver plating off the rings.

But hey, what did I know. I never so much as owned a charm bracelet. Live and learn (and get split ring pliers).

After I (equally as awkwardly) closed the rings, I placed the pendants on the hooks and attached them to the windows.


They remind me a bit of the painted glass sun catchers that my grandma used to have in her windows. I tend to see a lot of parallels between those who do a ton of arts & crafts and the elderly. This is just another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips