Friday, March 30, 2012

Photo Friday - Long-ish Exposures in Concord

My husband and I decided one day just to drive up to Concord, NH. That wouldn't mean much if we had been living in Nashua -- a 40 minute drive away -- at the time, but this was while we were still living in Boston. But our mini road trips through New Hampshire is what defined the first years we lived together. Dusk had fallen on our way back home, and, since I had brought my DSLR with me, I decided to try to capture the atmosphere by slowing the shutter speed down to 2 seconds (to give proper context for those who don't fiddle with cameras: "normal" shutter speeds are around 1/50th to 1/500th of a second) and absorbing the dimming light.

I think what boggles my mind the most about these photos is that these mini-long exposures were taken while balancing the camera on the window frame of a running car during red lights and stop signs. These should have been one blurry mess, and somehow they came out somewhat all right. Which made me happy, since I love long exposures of dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips