Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dicing Up My Shirts

Thanks to college, I have a lot of t-shirts that I don't ever wear, but don't have the heart to shred up or throw out or -- God forbid -- donate. I don't ever wear them because t-shirts really aren't my bag. I love my tank tops, my peasant blouses, but t-shirts just don't fit me right.

So, I grabbed my rotary cutter/cutting board, a washable marker, and the t-shirt I got from my sophomore-year RA for surviving at my rat-infested dorm hall all year without crying uncle.

The dicing was fairly simple. I essentially cut the stuff that I don't like about t-shirts. The awkwardly long sleeves? Gone. The slightly-asphyxiating collar? Snipped.

Now this is something I might wear. I paired it with a homemade necklace -- a necklace which was originally a rejected portion of a larger jewelry project. But that's for another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips