Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I want to wish everyone a happy and safe Easter. I decided to do my Irish heritage proud(ish) and create an Irish Easter Egg while decorating eggs with my brother-in-law and his fiancée. Creating Easter egg flags is super easy if your homeland's flag has white in the middle. If you're Irish, Italian, French, etc, all you need to do is dip the egg 1/3 of the way into one dye, let it dry, then dip the opposite end of the egg 1/3 of the way into the second dye. The key is to make sure the first color is completely dry, or else you'll find out your country's colors do run -- all over the white portion of your egg flag.

You could also make a pretty killer English flag with red and blue paint and some carefully cut/placed masking tape. Or a Japanese flag with you have the patience to cover your entire egg in masking tape, save for one circle, and dip it in red dye. The real question would be how easy would it be to make Canadian Eggs, American Eggs, Mexican Eggs. Looks like I know what I'm doing when all the egg decorating kits go on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips