Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Split Ring Necklace


Once upon a time, when I didn't know what I was doing, i purchased split rings, not understanding they're a pain in the butt to make jewelry with. This time around, I actually purchased split rings on purpose. Very, very, very big split rings.


For this necklace, I got: the giant split rings, chain, jump rings, pliers, and wire cutters.


Using my wire cutters, I cut out a loop every 6 or 8 links. I alternated between 6 links and 8. I wanted the space between the large rings to be a little uneven.


I then attached the edges of the chain fragments to large split rings, using jump rings to connect them, until every fragment was connected on both ends, making a nice, even circle.


I decided to connect the circle a split ring earlier, giving a nice back chain to accent it.


This is definitely a fun girls-night-out type of necklace. Pair it with my Frankenstein shirt and I'm ready for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips