Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Try it Tuesday: Graham Cracker Crumbs and Greek Yogurt


I've made the switch over to Greek yogurt recently. It has twice protein and half the sodium and carbohydrates. The switch was pretty easy, with the exception of the texture. The texture is a lot smoother, a lot more thick-n-creamy. And it's a shock to the system if you've had regular yogurt your entire life. So I have been looking for ways to spice up my yogurt.


There's the usual additions: granola, fruit, etc, but, given that I really was having an issue with texture, I needed to pull out all the stops.


I had some leftover graham cracker crumbs from my giant Reese's peanut butter cup, so I decided to sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs over my vanilla greek yogurt to combat the texture. I added some grapes, both for taste and to balance out the healthy/unhealthy ratio.


I fully recognize that adding graham cracker crumbs to Greek yogurt is like spooning sugar on Kashi Go-Lean granola, but the taste is amazing. And it really does help you acclimate to greek yogurt, if you're texture sensitive like myself.


The best part is, since it has twice as much protein, I am full sooner and for longer. Which is needed, since I've been craving Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets for about a week now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips