Friday, July 26, 2013

Photo Friday: Colorado pt 1 - The Drive to Estes Park

I easily took the greatest number of shots while in Colorado. And really, can you blame me? The area by Denver and Boulder is breathtaking. You think you know what mountains are, growing up in the northeast. Then you get out to the Rockies and see what mountains are actually like.


One of our groomsmen lives just outside of Denver, so we made it a point to visit him. He took us out to Estes Park, where the highest continuously-paved road is located (as well as the hotel they shot The Shining in, but that's for another time).


I would've been satisfied on the drive alone. The mountains were our backdrop for the entire drive over. We drove through canyons with rivers and waterfalls. I was worried my camera would run out of battery before we even made it to the park.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips