Monday, August 26, 2013

House and Life Update

Our movers are expected to come first thing this Friday.  Suffice it to say we have hit the ground running in terms of finalizing packing.  Furniture that can be disassembled has been disassembled. We've even started removing the pieces of our sectional. We are essentially living out of suitcases and looking at the kitchen fondly, knowing that we got at least a half week more before we can actually make a proper meal again.

If you follow my 365 Blog Project, you know that we've been having *cough* issues with our painters. It's been a Type A, perfectionist personality nightmare, but things are looking good. Bare minimum, it's a huge improvement over the original colors.

One huge positive in the painting situation is that the rooms we painted ourselves look great, and we were able to finish painting them in record time. A huge relief, as I thought I was going to have to juggle unpacking and painting and prepping for the house party all at the same time.

So, here is one craft-related update: the "Year in Review" Jar is going strong.  This has definitely been a year worth noting.  From the road trip to my essay being published, from finding a house and being able to close...

To getting signed to a new agency.  People who know me (even vaguely through Facebook) know that I model from time to time.  I started as a freshman in college, got signed somewhere around my third year ("middler year" for us Northeasterners), graduated, entered the real world, and let it slip to the sidelines.  Now that I'm in the proverbial "between jobs" phase, I decided to throw caution to the wind and submit my stuff to the top agency in Boston.  They had rejected me once before, so I expected very little.  Color me surprised when, an hour after submitting, I'm getting emails from owner of the agency, answering his questions and setting up a meeting.

This doesn't mean I now have it made,  given that Boston is a small market and I'm not industry standard.  But it's a step in the right direction and a welcomed change of pace.

It is going to be weird, leaving this apartment behind.  It has been nice, being so close to everything (practically every major store was within a two-mile radius), but I'm excited for the house and what the future might bring inside of it.

So the Summer of Change is coming to an end.  Nothing to do now but prepare for the move and unpack like mad once the movers have pulled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips