Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Writer's Wednesday: NaNoWriMo


Greetings from the thick of NaNoWriMo. I'm at it again, with the same goal as last year: 1,000 words a day on a novel I feel I've been sludging through. It's a little easier this year, since I'm not working full-time at the moment (and I'm not working full-time with young children who made my blood pressure soar like a clay pigeon). On the other hand, I've only been formulating the idea for this book for the last year or so. My usual MO is to have an idea kind hang out in my head, changing and shifting until I have no choice but to write it down. The idea for my first novel was first created in 2006 and it wasn't until 2009 that I even started writing (and, even then it was only because I was taking a novel-writing workshop in college. And, even then, I only was taking the novel-writing workshop because the study abroad trip I was signed up for was filled to the brim, and the first people they let go were those who had already done a semester abroad. Funny how things come together like that).


This year I prepped both my novel and this blog as much as possible, scheduling what I can so that the normal flow of the blog isn't too disrupted. I thought about doing a repeat of last year, but with my 365 Blog Project in full swing, it seemed a bit redundant. I also spent the last week of October writing out just what I think should happen in my book. It's exciting to finally see it come together, but I recognize that I have a lot of work ahead of me.


If you are participating in NaNoWriMo this year, congratulations and best of luck! I'll be talking incessantly about writing in my 365 Project, as well as updating my NaNoWriMo page. I'm going to do my best to take it one day at a time and see what comes a result.


Do you have a NaNoWriMo page? Post it here! NaNoWriMo is such a wonderful event and more is definitely merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips