Sunday, December 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo Update


Another year, another completed NaNoWriMo. I technically won -- meaning I got my manuscript to 50,000 by the end of NaNoWriMo -- but the novel is far from completed and, truth be told, I already had a good 9,000 words written beforehand.


But still, it feels good that I kept my 1,000 words a day pace. I'm dropping it like a bad habit now, but I'm glad I did it as long as I did.


So hopefully I'll be back to my regularly scheduled blogging. In case you missed it, you should head over to my Thought Catalog page and read my essay Be Kind to Your Children's Teachers (Yeah, yeah, yeah, the article is technically titled "Parents Need to Realized that Teachers are People Too", but that's link bait and not as poetic). Somehow, this month-old essay of mine has gone a bit viral. Everyone from my high school teachers to former co-workers have read it -- and that's before they realized who wrote it. I know it doesn't take much to go viral these days, but I'm still proud of it, and if you haven't read it, you should do so now.


I hope everyone enjoys the impending holidays. Hopefully I'll get some decorating in and show you how we're doing up our house for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips