Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Try it Tuesday: Grow Your Own Green Onions


As I desperately try to put together a Christmas post before, gee, Christmas, I figured I would post my latest endeavor: growing my own green onions. The beauty of this bit of gardening is that all you need is a package of scallions.


Technically, all you need are the bulbs at the very end. You know, the part that we throw out anyway? Instead of throwing it out, place it about half an inch deep in soil and water regularly. You'll be amazed at how quickly they'll grow.


And when you're ready to use them? You can simply trim at the base with a pair of scissors, or pull the whole bulb out, cut to the end, and start again. I decided to plant them in a set of white coffee cups that I had purchased for a failed experiment (but more on that later). I love how the cups make everything feel a little homier, way more than a standard pot or gardening tray would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips